Amongst the many uses for the Scarab, the engine was fitted to the Cessna Air master and the Fairchild 24 (UC61 or Argus). Notably, in 1942, it was put into use powering the Sikorsky R4, the first helicopter to be put into production.

Many of these reliable engines soldier on today, still powering the aircraft to which they were originally mounted. The Warner 145 and 165 HP engines are the most commonly seen of the small radials for US-built pre-WWII era aircraft, in large part because of good parts availability due to the engines having been used on WWII Fairchild UC61s and Meyers OT Ws.