to the reference section. This is for information, with contributions from
Spitfire spares members.
Pictures of members panels and info
for the Warbird enthusiast.
We are featuring Aircrew and
veterans of WW2 in memory of their great bravery and sacrifice. If you have a
story to tell Please forward it to us and we will put it on the website.
Detail supplied by Competition winners Blue Two and Olivier (Saburo) Richard .
1) Fairey flycatcher
(repro) S1287 By OS
1. I don't like this type of cockpit personally. Credit
where it's due
to the restorers, but this is just too much of a mixture of "period" effects
and modern instruments, pen holders, a g-meter, letraset instructions etc.
This one took a bit of working out!
REPLICA FAIREY FLYCATCHER S1287 G-BEYB By BT
2&3 ) Supermarine
seafire S17 SX137 by OC
2. Ah, a real cockpit! Obviously Spitfire variant, but not
a lot to go
on. You can just make out the small late type fuel gauge, but the giveaway
is the cylinder priming pump bottom right, making it a Griffon powered type.
SUPERMARINE SEAFIRE COCKPIT By BT
3. The airframe presumably of the above cockpit. A Griffon powered
Seafire with a four blade prop must be F.15 or F.17, and the bubble canopy
as above makes it F.17 (Mk XV11)
SUPERMARINE SEAFIRE F.17 SX137 By BT
4) Sopwith Pup (repro) N6452 by OC
4. Nice tableau. Dihedral on the top wing, so it's not a
SOPWITH PUP N6452 BY BT
5) Supermarine Walrus
I cockpit L2301 By OC
5. Well, this looks more like a boat than an aircraft. A man
down the front and open that circular hatch. It's WW2 vintage, single
engine, and which manufacturer made THOSE rudder pedals? It has to be...
SUPERMARINE WALRUS 1 L2301 By BT
6) Hawker sea fury
FB-11 WJ231 By OC
6. What do I need to say?
HAWKER SEA FURY FB11 WJ231 By BT
7&8) Westland Wyvern
TF-1 VR137 + Rolls-Royce Eagle engine By OC
7. An interesting type although not really successful. This
early version; only about ten built of a total of 127.
WESTLAND WYVERN TF.1 VR137 BY BT
8. A close up of the reason for the demise of the TF1. A twenty four
cylinder sleeve valve engine driving contra rotating props, and apparently a
dog's dinner, quickly replaced by the turboprop Armstrong Siddeley Python of
ROLLS ROYCE EAGLE 3550 HP ENGINE BY BT
9) Fairey Barracuda II DP872 Cockpit By OC
9. This panel is nearly complete! Check out E-bay for those
FAIREY BARRACUDA 11 DP872 BY BT
10)Yokosuka Ohka 11-
15-1585 By OC
10. You don't want to be on the receiving end of this. And you
definately don't want to be flying it! It's a Japanese suicide aircraft.
YOKOSUKA MXY-7 Ohka BY BT
11)Mikoyan MIG-15 bis (Lim-2) 01420
11. One of the types the Fleet Air Arm were up
against in Korea. And
that looks like Natasha Kaplinski flying it.
Mikoyan-Gurevitch MiG-15 GBMZF